View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 09:21 AM   #4

In 2008 everybody was yelling how bad the valve stems were, how they had them blow out of the wheels and suddenly go flat. From the beginning I have taken Armor All wipes once a season and wiped them down. Mine aren't cracked, hold fine and work. My contention is that all Chinese scooters, except from Sunny Sports, are fairly well outfitted. I wouldn't take a SunL, Massimo, Sunny or anything else Scooter Depot sells as a gift. Everyone else sells fairly decent stuff.

Here's what I know for a fact. My Bashan came from GS Motorworks with all the good stuff, including a Japanese carburetor. A few years ago GS was bought by Tao Tao, before they sold scooters, to both distribute their scooters and advise on what should be in them. John Sanchez was their parts department head and we talked at length about it. John told me constantly that the Prime Directive at GS was not to sell anything that caused warranty headaches. That's why, even today, GS has a limited line of scooters. I would take a Tao Tao in a heartbeat. I have heard many good things about them.
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.