Thread: Battery Issues?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 05:58 AM   #4

Thanks again 2-wheeler!

I got the type you recommended, and popped it in.

The scooter started right up, but I'm not sure that's the end of my issues.

This scooter seems to be giving me intermittent problems.

Sometimes, it takes 2, 3, or even 4 tries to start, and using the throttle seems to help it start.

This happened today, after replacing the battery, taking bike into town, and taking a nap that I had trouble starting it.

On the way out, as I was heading up the sidewalk to the street on a very slight hill, the scooter just didn't have any power. I had the throttle all the way engaged, and watched in horror as the bike struggled, and clamored to get it's speed up to- 10-miles an hour! This totally wasn't okay!

As I bounced onto the street, the scooter finally picked up the speed making it to its usual 20-25-miles uphill, but these issues all seem connected somehow.

I need to learn to fix my own bike, I didn't get a scooter to take it to a mechanic!

I don't know anything about vehicles. I'm wondering if it's one of the common problems with these scooters I've encountered.

For the most part, it's when it starts, but it seems like the noise coming from the motor is too harsh, if not too loud. Like it's trying too hard to do what it's doing. When I release the throttle, it immediately loses speed, slowing way down.

Might be partly related to the restriction ring and plate I have yet to remove, but I worry about the 10-mi max speed, combined with struggling scooter, and difficulty starting.

Does anyone know how to isolate, (or already know) what the problem is? Could it be a compression issue, or might I need a ring job (for the bike) or do I maybe need to hurry and get a new carb, properly jetted? -Or is this related to deposits in the fuel making it through the too coarse filter, congesting and slowing it down? [Anyone in Denver?]

Advice would surely be appreciated!

BTW, How is everyone!

Ride like your life depends on it!