View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 01:13 PM   #12

[The idea that when you buy a China scoot, you're on your own is dated.]
Maybe in your area, in mine not so much. The ones here are charging the same hourly rate as powersports places are. Once you take them in a few times, you will be getting close to a brand name cost anyway,without the reliability.

[Even the brand name boys botch it up periodically.]
You are correct. My Big Ruckus had a shock on it that IMHO was horrible junk. Cost me $240.00 to upgrade to what should have been there.
Had I paid show room price for it, I'd be pissed about it.

If I remember right kz, you had come into TotalRuckus, once looking to repair your Ruckus starter switch maybe? Or something like that, sure anything can break.

[As you say....Branded, (which is politically correct talk for, high priced), doesn't mean bullet proof. Noticed this description on our areas craigslist this AM.]

I never stated bullet proof, nor did the ad say a high priced tech did that.
It was a $5,000 scooter the 2005 Vespa brand new. Now that I think about it, they are still worth between $1000.00 and $1400.00 if in decent shape according to NADA.
Excellent resale value, something most china scooters do not have.

Every manufacture of anything has defects. I will respectfully suggest to simply relook at the threads here, on Scooter Doc, on where ever the threads are at, statistics of china scooters letting folks sit, between 0 and 1,500 miles is alarming to me, when you say branded scooters are way over priced.

You can also, go through your local Craigslist and when you see china scoots for sale, the majority of them will be between 50-1500 miles on the OD, regardless of year. Which means sitters and dust collectors.
They also have very low resale value, but dig around man, I sure you can find the exceptions.

The only thing I'm grateful to my china scooter, is I found the love of 2 wheels again. It was her reliability I could not count on, a used Honda gave me that.

Since I found ScootDawg, in 06 or so, what is the most asked question? Help I: starting issue, lights, hoses, gas vapor lock. Not hating them, just the facts.

Over on Adventure Rider, is a thread for a Big Ruckus clone, started in 2011, I've been following for years, as the guy is giving one of the best follow my scooter threads to show how good that machine is. It's very impressive, for reliability, and all his miles. I love reading it.
BUT where are the others? You have to dig to find them. Or find the exceptions, to pigeon hole you view.