View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 11:19 PM   #23

Nothing in that transmission is higher than 40nM. We set both cluch bell nut and the variator at 40nM. I dont have a service manual to see is there if there is a washer, but you could always go to Cheap Cycle Parts and look at their exploded parts diagram. See if everything looks correct. Just looking inside the exhaust port with the piston forward, so you can see the side of the piston, will tell you if you had a lean seize. Spark plug is also a good indicator.

Sometimes, when you have a lean seize at speed, it will reveal everything thats wrong in the transmission.

Off the top of my head, I have no idea why tightening the bell down would cause the symptoms you described. Will think about it in the morning.

I have an ebike and my front wheel caught a transfer on the road (from milling and paving) and spit me off the front at 22mph. I hit the ground HARD, and as a bonus, got a chunk of my hair torn out! I need a bicycle helmet! Road rashed my knee and elbow, have a huge rash on my head and a chunk of hair missing. Ouch! Anyways, will give it some thought in the morning.