View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 07:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
If its a 2 stroke motor, its a Minarelli clone. Now, to find out if its a long or short case (and other important info) head over to Scrappy Dog and do some research/reading. VERY helpful site when I get stuck working on something Im not to familiar with. Note that Minarelli motors dont really like open/pod style air filters as they were designed to run best with a bit of negative pressure from the stock airbox. Open pods can be done, just be up on your A game because they will soft seize with virtually no warning if not set up close to perfect! Fun motors that can really truck along if set up right.
""

sc00ter:
I determined I have a long case (17" with 12 bolts in cover). The PO started it for me, but it would bog if you tried to make it go. I figured it had to do with the missing air filter cover and element. Just like to get back to square one with the thing before I start modding it. Seems most of the air filter boxes I am running into are molded to fit beside the rear shock. The one on my Jalon is in front of the rear shock. Is there a site with some good active classified adds I can try to find one on?