View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #1

Fixing and flipping bikes?

So I have been looking on Craigslist lately for good deals on parts bikes or otherwise, and I have seen lots of 2007 and up Chinese scooters for sale in the $200-$300 range that say "It won't start, don't know why."

I was thinking that as long as the bike seemed solid and the motor wasn't locked up it might be a good investment to grab up a cheap bike, fix it, and flip it.

Any thoughts on the subject? I see running scoots used on Craigslist for anywhere from $600 on up. Buy it for $200, fix whats broke (or clean the carb and set the valves most likely lol) and turn around and sell it for $500 or so and make a couple hundred bucks.

Sound plausible? I am already becoming known around my town as the guy with (no legs and) a really fast scoot, and I have been asked to work on other peoples bikes. (mostly right now the people who lost their MVL to DUI or whatever and are riding 49cc scoots lol) I already have a shop dedicated to working on my own bike, I can't imagine it would be a stretch to make some cash flipping bikes.

Thoughts?

Smoak

Login or Register to Remove Ads