View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 11:15 PM   #1

New here from San Antonio Texas

Hello. I'm new to the forum. I've had a Tao Tao Evo 150 for about a month. I bought it just to keep from driving my 4x4 F350 diesel 10 miles one way to work everyday. Have already gone through most of it. I have done some necessary upgrades. I'm really enjoying it, especially for the $950 shipped to the door. My life story, I started off riding when I was about 8 on my XR80. Moved up to an IT200 at around age 14. I got a CM400 Custom when I was 16, then a CB750K at 17. I also road my moms Intruder 800 and my step dads Intruder 1400 at the time. I then joined the military and went a few years without a bike. At age 21 got a steal on a Shadow 750 that I rescued. After that it was all sport bikes. Started off with a GSXR 600, then a 750, then a SuperHawk 996, after that a GSX1300R, then back down to a 600F4I, a ninja zx6 at the same time which was my track bike mostly at Road Atlanta. (Water only, no mirrors, glass removed or taped, slicks, about 14 different colors of fairings) I then totaled my last GSXR 750 in the mountains of North Georgia. It was my 2nd road crash, many more track slides). Then I got out of it for awhile to see my kids through their teen years. Never had a serious injury due to a motorcycle accident. I've been through about 4 MSC's in my time. Now I'm on a scooter. I'm not new to forums. Anyway, scooter guys are pretty cool. I've been around them from Europe to Hawaii to Cali-forn-I-a. Now I'm one of them. I'm a full supporter of safety gear. I learned the importance of that a very young age had it re-impregnated in my brain low siding 600's on the amateur track days. I've never thought riding like an A hole through traffic was cool and I don't think I'm a know it all biker. I will however politely call you out if I see you giving other bikers a bad name by being disrespectful on the roads or coming within inches of causing mom in the minivan to crash. I came to this forum for questions about my Tao Tao. I most likely don't have any answers because as said before it's my first scooter. Thanks for reading this and cheers.

Login or Register to Remove Ads