View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #9

Send a message via MSN to lykos23 Send a message via Skype™ to lykos23
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy554 View Post
Depends on what you mean by best, dry, all around, wet, snow, mud but what i would do is look at reviews on motorcyclesuperstore http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...Rear-Tire.aspx then try to find the tire you want on amazon but those are good all around tires that dont wear so quick
Thanks, Teddy. While I respect your opinion, what Hank says goes, he's a moderator after all.

I got my pirellis today by UPS, I put the front tire on and can already notice a huge difference when riding. Now I await my socket set for a 24mm socket in order to remove the rear wheel, thought I had one, turns out I don't.

Quote:
Go for softer compound Pirelli or Kenda tires. And ride carefully when on a 10" bike. Good luck.
Thanks. I got the Pirelli SL-26 tires that Hank recommended. With just one tire the riding is tremendously different.

Quote:
Hey lykos23,
sorry to hear about your accident, we all have to be careful (thanks for the info, never even thought about something like that). Hope you have a speedy recovery. I just bought shinko tires 130/60/13 and I really like them, rated for 75mph.
Nice. I hope your shinko tires work well for you and that nobody else is unfortunate enough to come upon an abundance of lawn clippings in the road with bald tires like I did. Regretfully my shoes will never recover, but my hand and knee are already painless, it wasn't too bad of a fall.