View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 05:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
I hate to say this again, but....did you perform a PDI on this scooter before running it? It is a very necessary procedure when purchasing a Chinese scooter.
Well after I took it out of the crate, and put some items on, I did give it a once over. The manual says keep the break in oil for 150 miles. Why change it? I'll do that now, just asking. Is there something wrong with the factory delivered oil? I plan on going to mobile one at some point, but for now I will use basic oil.

Quote:
You say it has spark....so it probably is fuel starvation. That sounds like fuel or vac lines...sometimes they come from the factory way longer than need be....did you get one pinched under the seat bucket when reinstalling it? Make sure fuel tank vent is working also, yours probably runs to a small plastic canister on the frame near the seat.
Yes I thought of the seat bucket pinching something. I'll check.

Quote:
I would pull the valve cover, check the gaps. I hope you changed the oil your scooter came with.
I will do that but the symptoms are not valve, I think. Agree. However I will give it a check, can't hurt.

Quote:
50 mph with only 20 miles on the scooter.....not a good idea. But then again, it is your scooter. Good luck finding this bug and correcting it, and do a good PDI, or this will be just the first, of many more to come.
Yep keeping it under 60km/h or about 40mph. I went to 50 mph for a brief period, just for fun... shame on me.