View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 09:36 PM   #40

If I would consider an electric scooter, it would be a NIU GT series. But, I got into electric bicycles (Pedego) instead. Get by with a bicycle helmet, can slip onto a sidewalk and I have a extra charger at my work. Removable battery is the best.

I want a AddMotor MOTAN M-66 R7. Step-thru, 25mph and mag wheels. And cool options! I'm just not sold on the product support right now. So I'm still waiting for my dream electric bike......

Take it (Zuma) out for a ride and see if the "smoke" burns off. There's a chance you flooded the exhaust and whatever is in there will/should burn off. The variator nut should be 45Nm. A impact wrench will work, but I personally don't recommend it. Your'e lucky the nut didn't come off and knacker the end of the crank shaft! I bought a Zuma that had that happen. Somehow I tapped the end of the crankshaft and it worked like new! It was TRASHED! I got lucky!

If you knew someone that was trustworthy I would pay them to go thru everything instead of replacing the Zuma. Hopefully, all is good and it will serve you for many more years.

Again, good luck and hope all is well!