View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 10:26 PM   #6

Not a big update but I was able to get a little done before work today. I removed the front end to see what my lowering options are, turns out I have the goofy forks that have the groove at the top that prevent adjusting the ride height and also the ability to remove the forks without removing the fork cap. That obviously had to be corrected.

I took them into the workshop at my job, put an angle grinder in the vice and ground down the fork caps little by little until they were flush with the fork tubes.

I also had to do to the same in the lower clamp. Smoothing that pesky lip.

I've got a good size pile of parts that won't be needed anymore now.

I wasnt expecting this to show up until Monday! So I got a nice little surprise checking the mail today. Still looking for some straight bars but I'll be able to have an assembled front end with the new stem mounted by the end of the weekend.

My plan is to cut the factory handlebars down tube just above the through bolt location for easy installation/removal later. I will have to shave about 2mm on the bmx stem to fit securely around the remaining section of tube. Then attach my bars and controls.

Any suggestions on where to find a nice looking dirt bike master cylinder and matching left hand control I can use with nice adjustable lever options? This rubber brake line has to go for one, and I really want some adjustable shorty levers.