View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 10:17 AM   #3

I havent had a chance to mess with the scoot since my last post. I could still use some jetting recommendations. So far, I managed to clean everything up. Get it running, idling and riding. I need to adjust the carb still since it's a little boggy and hangs a bit when you throttle down.

I got some fiberglass on the broken panels, they just need shaping and finishing. I'll do all of my shaping when my headlight gets here so everything is done at the same time.

I pulled off the primary, the variator and clutch, belt, fan etc. The kick start assembly was all wonked up so I removed it for the time being. A roller was missing, I noticed all of the rollers have pretty bad flat spots, but replaced the missing roller for the time being.

I'm filling in the stock lower light locations, I didn't care for the look.

Once the bodywork is finished and it's registered and everything, I'll focus on any performance upgrades.

I ordered a few parts and I'm waiting for them to arrive get here! Parts are.

Bmx steering stem - to convert the bars over to flat mountain bike bars.

Dirtbike handlebar switch - to replace the bulky factory for lights, horn, signal controls.

Universal muffler - to cut down shorter and fit in a position that doesn't hide the rear wheel.

07/08 Suzuki hsxr 1000 headlight - To custom fit into the front plastic, the light fits the body lines of the scoot and will be pretty easy to retro fit. It will give me plenty of accessory lighting options later on as well, like ccfl and HID lighting.

That's all for today. Hopefully have some packages showing up soon so I can continue.

Login or Register to Remove Ads