View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 01:50 AM   #2

This is the scoot the day I saw it going to work. As you can see there was a few damaged panel areas and a missing panel up front. Looking at the damage I should be able to fix them pretty easily with some fiberglass.

With photographic proof that I have probably the most understanding wife on the planet, she helped me lug it upstairs into our apartment so I could get it onto the porch to work on it, until I can get it registered so it wont be towed from the parking lot.

I want to say it took a little over an hour to tear it down to the frame. The wiring harness looked okay, as well as most of the body panels. I pulled off the primary cover and found a roller laying inside (I'm no expert but that's probably not good) I have to wait to bring it up to work to impact the nut to get inside to take a better look.

I cleaned up the wheels, primary cover, carb and intake areas. I pulled the carb to check the condition inside, surprisingly everything was so clean! Even looking down at the valve, looked spotless.

BUT... This is the first time I've had to deal with this personally, but the damn carb didn't have any screws to remove the bowl. It had some headless bolt that's impossible to remove. I can understand it's an emissions thing, but thats a normal part of routine maintenance!

I went ahead and extracted them, and stole some replacement bolts from an old kawi carb assembly that wont be needed for a while. I cleaned and inspected the jets and float assembly.

Here's the front panel I found today at a local scoot shop (the orange piece), set me back 20$ but I have a plan for it later to covert it to a headlight panel. The broken section on the lower part will be one of the pieces I'm going to try and repair.

ANywho, I got the carb back together and in looking for something, I happen to find 4 unopened pod filters that for this carb, just sitting in one my drawers, score!

I didn't take pics during, but I did also get the ignition cylinder bypassed, I'm not looking to broadcast that out there as a how to, but I replaced the cylinder with a switch instead and works great. I don't think I'm going to have any keys for this scoot.

Maybe someone could help me out though, I plan to upgrade the pipe and with the pod filter, can anyone recommend which jet sizes to start with? I know it's not one size fits all but currently I have a 79 main and a 32 idle jet.

That's all for tonight.