View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 09:36 AM   #27

I feel pretty confident it is the valves. I didn't do a valve adjustment as part of the pdi, the 1 i followed didn't say it was needed and the web resources i used that mentioned it at all said it would need to be done usually after the engine breakin.

Hose clamps are good, checked and double checked (tech support guy here so I'm well versed in troubleshooting and starting with the easiest stuff first, it's typically the answer haha!).

In regard to the air fuel adjustment, i feel like we achieved what needed to happen with it during the pdi which was after the engine was warm it would idle at 17-1800 rpms, back wheel turning forward at idle very slightly, and no choking or lack of power from the engine. These things are still persistent too.

So the bike right now has what i call a good idle and bad idle. When the throttle closes there are actually 3 behaviors, first is the rpms sit at 17-1800, after about 10 seconds they slowly drop and the scoot will die after about 30 seconds. The 2nd idle behavior is identical without the initial 10 seconds of normal idling. The 3rd is the bike will attempt to straight die out and make no attempt to idle at all.

The inconsistent behavior around going to idle is what makes me lean towards the valve adjustment and the fact that once it's moving it is still riding great.

Everything else you guys mentioned though well be checked out during that procedure too.