View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 11:05 AM   #4

I'm not sure were the carb is mounted on your Lance but if you can get the float off without removing the carb, you should be able to remove the jets as well. But even if you have to remove the carb, please note:

1) Be careful removing the float bowl. It will sometimes stick, you will get rough with it and catch the float getting the bowl off. If you bend the float you'll have to reset the float height. Its something I stink at.

2) Pull the jets and soak them in an ultrasonic cleaner like a jeweler uses. Don't go poking metal wire thru the jet holes as you can mess up the flow. Ultrasonic cleaners are the best way. Harbor Freight has them for around $100. I use a few drops of Dawn dish soap and distilled water.

3) Check the float height while the bowl is off. Its rare that they get out of factory adjustment but it can happen.

4) If you do the carb first and the problem persist, check the stator output. Again, very rare on a Lance. Plenty of You Tube videos on testing stator output.

Keep us posted. I'm thinking/hoping it's something simple.

5) Lastly, check the spark plug. Look at the electrode end for any contamination and make sure the plug boot fits on completely and tight.