View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 03:14 PM   #10

I would have thought you would have had that question answered when I deliberately went down to the garage and started my ten year old China scoot after a month with ancient gas in the tank.

Another anecdote for you then. Five years ago I finally got around to replacing the cylinder head on that same scooter. It had sat for a year waiting for me to fix it. After installing the new head I charged the battery and it fired right up, settled into a nice idle and ran cleanly on the ensuing test ride. All with year old gas in the tank and carburetor.

I don't understand what you are looking for here. Do some people have trouble with ethanol AFTER AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME. Yes. But three or four days isn't an extended period. Much like your fears of traffic it sounds like you worry too much. Relax and just enjoy the ride. My previous wife died of cancer after living a clean and healthy life, exercising every day and eating healthy foods. No guarantees in this world and none of us are leaving here alive.
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.