View Single Post
Old 05-11-2024, 10:59 AM   #2

I'll tell you a funny story. I had a Yamaha Zuma 125, the newer EFI model. I bought some heated grips, I forgot the brand, but they had a "confirmed fitment" for my scooter on the manufacturers website. Oxford, that was the brand! Anyways, they fit just fine BUT if I had them on the high setting and came to idle the scooter would stall and NOT restart. It turns out I was supposed to turn the grips down when coming to a stop as the stator didn't put out enough power at idle to power them on the high setting.

I quit using heated grips after that B.S. and now use heated gloves instead. There is a way to measure the stator output (I saw a how-to on YouTube) and then you multiply that with the draw of you accessories. You can put a larger output stator on, and I've know a few people who have successfully done this.

Does you scooter have a inline fuse going to the battery? I had one blow on a Zuma 50cc and never knew there was a fuse there. Everything worked but the battery was constantly dying after being charged. Check the fuse and make sure it the correct fuse.