View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 08:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
The belt inspect is a measurement of belt width, not a replacement. Belts last around 10,000 miles on average. Some will hit 15-20,000 before they snap, but you will usually notice a loss of top speed first. Other things, like valve checks are just that-check and adjust if needed. As long as you keep up the oil changes, valve checks and other service work you should be fine. Some China scooters are better than others. I dont know many of the companies and have never worked on one. A few people at my work have them and they have been reliable as far as I can tell. Need to see what brands they are.
Thank You for the input. I figured the usage on the belt would be much better IF these cheap scooters had name brand belts like a Gates belt. The belt is my biggest worry. When I had the brakes checked last week I was told they are still good and have about 60 % or more left. They drove my scooter and checked it and said the valves seemed good ( no ticking) in general all was in decent shape. I think though I am going to change the belt out or have it done and put a name brand one on.
For a "off-brand" scooter, it runs well starts right up and runs well and gets up to 42 mph and runs well even at that speed.

Login or Register to Remove Ads