View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 02:55 PM   #3

Pissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
What top speed do you want? Work back from there to keep the engine in the power band. It sounds like it's going into higher "gear" to soon for what you want. This link is for cars but the principles are the same. Acceleration vs top end vs cruising. The faster you go the more wind resistance or drag and that the major limit to how fast a scooter can go. Here ya go get ur slide rule out ... or one of those new fangled calculators. https://www.racingjunk.com/news/2016...r-performance/
Thanks for response Roscoe:

Im not looking for anything major on top end. But surely after all the mods I have done it should easily reach the 60/65mph range and feel that little extra power on say an uphill or overtaking a car or wind resistance. I know it is a small engine and you cant make miracles happen. This is a project to me. I know that the amount of €€€ spent so far on engine is ridiculous and does not compensate. Could just get a bigger cc bike. But this is a project and I learnt a lot in the process. This has now got personal and from what i have read, it is possible to achieve this. So where or what am i doing wrong is the question.

I thought it too was shifting maybe to early. I installed stock clutch combo and there i noticed a lack of power and rpm took ages to climb. Red spring combo is 2000 rpm. Yellow 1500rpm and blue 1000rpm

If i rev the scooter on the bike stand, then revs go up to +- 8000rpm. Just when I ride it, it stays just below the 6000rpm

I also checked for air leaks in carb and exhaust leak but there is none.
This is eating me up

Login or Register to Remove Ads