View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 08:45 AM   #5

[ laws that say that when a scooter engine size is increased they can now do whatever like registrations, etc. ]
If your not needing to be licensed, nor registered, nor plated, nor need insurance to ride at 30mph. That is the scooter parameters for a 49 cc to operate, and it seems generous to me.
When you go over that speed your now a motorcycle, so you get MC license, you get plated, inspected and insured.
Seems reasonable to me.
The car analogy, is a bit different argument to me, the stock car is paying all the same fee's as the guy that wants more power.
If I'm injured by a souped up rod, (and live) me or my loved ones, can go through the legal process to relieve the rod builder of everything he owns.
Or a different view, maybe.
I drive a pick up truck, if I haul furniture somewhere, maybe over state lines, should I need to get a CDL?
There are many unfair practices in America.
Maybe the 49cc scooter law came from DUI folks needing transport...IDK.
OR maybe it was in place to help people selling scooters to sell more of them and keep sidewalks safe, IDK.
For myself, a 150cc is to small for my fat ass, to stay up with traffic, so I wanted a bit more, for my own sense of well being.
Just my $.02

Login or Register to Remove Ads