View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 01:38 PM   #4

rks,
I agree with what you're saying, I just got caught up in the excitement and thought I'd make a couple tweaks while I was in it.
The airbox mods I made weren't too drastic (from 2.5 holes in the box ... opened to 4); this done in hopes to allow easier breathing. It seemed to work well until lately.
Something else I failed to mention, after the the upjet, I noticed a vacuum leak from the manual choke set-up. I have since switched back to an enricher which seems to be working ok.
I have everything back to almost stock configurations with the exception of the 110 main jet (105 stock). When I receive the new intake, I'll put the original carb back on at stock spec and see where I stand.
What has me baffled is what I tried to describe about accelerating. The noise from the airbox gets significantly louder and instantly looses power. Easy on the throttle, or lower RPMs, and it will run pretty well. I thought maybe a tight valve would allow exhaust noise to backfeed through the intake ... adjusted, doesn't seem to be the case. Then I was thinking about the CDI or coil; if failing, causing the loss of power, maybe the noise is a side affect.
Frustrating... any other ideas ... anyone?