View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 07:10 PM   #13

My 150 is not as old as yours KZ, and cost a bit more, $1350...but it did come in a crate, is nearing the end of it's 4th season of use, has 8,300 miles clocked, and has been a joy to own. It still has the original NGK copper core plug in it, infact, the whole ignition system is original, except the plug boot. I have taken the carb off one time, June 7, 2012 at 366miles, when I removed the air box, to install a K&N cone filter, and up jetted to a 115 main. I haven't needed to touch it since, no adjudtments, no cleanings. I have yet to replace a light bulb, haven't adjust the valves since the 2500 mile mark....they just haven't needed to be.

And as you said, it runs better all the time. I have records for every ounce of fuel it has burned. The 2nd seasons fuel mileage was better than the 1st years.....the 3rd year better than the 2nd, and the 4th (this year) better than last years. The average displayed in the fuelly banner below is a combination of last years 84.9 mpg for 31 fill ups, and the 25 fill ups so far this year that average 89.38 mpg.

So I feel i got more than my investment back....and this Chinese scooter is a long, long way from being worn out.

It's not a Honda, it's not a Vespa....I knew that before I bought it....I operate it appropriately, rarely sees even 6000 rpm's, I monitor vitals such as oil temps, and voltage output with installed gauges. Thus far it has been totally dependable, and never left me stranded.

I don't care what anyone says about me, or my Chinese scoot.....it has treated me right, and I will continue to enjoy owning and riding it.