View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 12:43 PM   #9

All very interesting and notice that the Chinese do have guidelines to follow as major bearing manufacturers. In all my years of reading numerous forums I haven't seen bearing failure as an issue for the Chinese which is fairly incredible considering this.

The motorcycle industry of the People’s Republic of China exceeds that of any country in the world with a motorcycle output of 22,891,700 in 2013, with 39.75% of the total production exported

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorc...ustry_in_China

My own personal experience is this. Most of the problems with Chinese machines is issues with the ancillary items like plastic bits and some metal parts. The engines seem to keep on running and generally get better with age when ridden with caution and respect for cost.

I will tell you this. Numerous times I've challenged certain "Name Brand" scooter owners to put up or be quiet. "How many miles do I have to go before you stop with the Chinese junk cracks!" You know what I get instead of a mileage answer? Insults and spoken to like I have Downs Syndrome. You would be astounded at the arrogance of Helix owners. They make Vespa owners look like Nuns.

My list of mileages speak for themselves. I'm on the original engines on all of them. I would think that I would have seen a bearing failure if they were using Pot Metal ball bearings by now.

I can't change the minds of everyone towards Chinese engines. After all it took almost 25 years for the "Japanese Rice Burner" cracks to abate.
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.

Last edited by kz1000st; 10-03-2015 at 07:48 AM.