View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 12:53 PM   #3

Before starting to disassemble switches for testing / cleaning, I decided to properly repair some of the wires cut by the previous owner. I pulled a fuse block from another Velux I have and momentarily swapped it over to perform testing.

All of the switches work fine, no need to look any further on the switches. Must locate another fuse block or build one for the 4 protected circuits.

Still have two circuits that he cut and bypassed, looks like they might be lighting. One of the wires, brown in color is cut at the wiring connector block, can easily remove the cut wire and resolder, and then reinstall. But the other will take some looking.

It has a Bosch relay substituted in place of the original starter solenoid, will replace that back to original. The chassis connecter for it is melted, might have to splice it into the new solenoid.

The cold enricher was disconnected and the rear lighting had a few cut wires.

After I make these small repairs, it will be time to repair the stripped threads in the front body mount and the floor board.

Took an inventory of the body parts, looks like I have a couple quasi melted rear lights, and a piece of the dash may be missing. The windscreen fortunately has not been cleaned with any chemicals so it is still very clear.

The exhaust system is a little surface rusted and one rubber mount bushing is bad and will need replaced.

Login or Register to Remove Ads