Thread: Question?
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 12:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull View Post
Irish, I could not care less about how many mpg my scooter gets vs a bike, car, truck or suv. However, every time the price of fuel climbs inevitably some other motorist looks at how little I spend and they start wanting to discuss.

I personally enjoy riding on two wheels and the freedom it offers including being able to lane split, and the time it saves me in stalled traffic. Quick short hops to do some shopping, etc. I have ridden my test scooter over 50 miles one way from home to pickup something free from CL. Just wish I had a reliable tow cart for it so it could haul more bulky items. It hauls me plus about 30kg of groceries easily in the three storage areas while still maintaining a respectable road speed.
Don't try lane splitting with a Trike! With a two wheeler , I always rode toward the center of the road. When I first started riding my Trike , I realized that my left rear wheel was almost in the oncoming lane. Old habits die hard! You also have to allow for the outer wheel when going by something! Irish