View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 07:28 AM   #7

Ill find out about the octain boost from my dad as he uses it with non ethnal gas in his crotch rocket.i dont know exact miles but it seemed the same as normal. One tank of gas runs for about 2 hrs at WOT of a average of 35-40mph. I used 2 cans of carb cleaner and didnt hurt any seals in carb. Got every single hole completely clean ( carb only has 4k miles on it and wasnt dirty to start with. As far as propperly screwing the jets back in i beleive so. There in exact same possition and had no issues reinstalling them. When you say needle your talking about needle that goes from diafram into main jet right? It seemed to go back into possion smoothly. I didnt adjust float bowl because it didnt appear to have any adjustability. I did remove the float bowl to clean carb porpperly. The regular gas i used is non ehtenal 91octain that a local gas station sells mainly to people for commercial boats and airplains. Im thinking of blocking off holes to the auto choke incase it keeps engaging randomly, do you think its worth trying as i live in a always warm year around enviroment?