View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #1

Question 50cc Very Hard to start

Hello all, so my scoot is having a very hard time starting. Electric is of no use even though I just want it to electric start first couple tries. I have to kick it well over 30-40 times and well past that to get it going. Once it gets started it runs great and idles perfectly no issues until I shut it down and doesn't want to start again. I have the carb adjusted nicely. I put in new rollers, new belt, new plug, new orange ignition coil, and a oil change. I adjusted the valves 4 in 5 out. I sprayed water around intake and carb area to check for any leaks when I got it running no leaks. Battery is strong and starter turns. Did a solenoid jump was fine but no start. When I kick there is regularamount resistance showing there is compression. All my plugs have looked perfect not lean or rich.

There is a decent amount of blow by in the airbox but oil isn't overfilled and sometimes a little bit of faint smoke coming out of the snorkel from time to time. Is this just the piston or rings fried or something else? What else should I check or some other signs of piston problems?

Thanks guys any help appreciated. 2300 Miles on 2009 scoot got it with 300 on it last year, second owner. A fair amount of WOT time if that helps. Would ride 40 mins to a hour on 15mile trips toward beginning of owning now just a couple miles to work and back

Pete/Thundergun
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3Fe3Le3N45E45K65R4cbi047adafecc92170b.jpg (60.7 KB, 1 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads