View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 11:56 PM   #4

How many miles are on it ? Belts , weights and tires do wear out . When rollers wear out they get flat spots and weigh less since some material is gone . Check the snorkel and vent on the CVT cover to see if both are free from junk that would block or limit the air flow . Mine gets warm but never hot .

Only get a Gates Powerlink or Bando brand of belt as the generic belts are junk . Also buy from a trusted parts dealer as they is fake junk belts labeled Gates or Bando .

I replaced my 12g rollers at 5,500 miles with 12g Dr Pulley sliders and wow what an improvement . Takeoff about the same but it had a better curve in acceleration at midrange , gained 5 MPH on top end , and they did not make the rattle noise like rollers do . Sliders also last way longer . I currently have 17,600 miles with 12k on the sliders and I replaced the belt at 12k . I can tell they have some wear as takeoff is faster and it tops at 70 instead of 75 since they are lighter . Use compressed air ( do not breathe in the dust ) or a damp rag to remove dust from the belt and clutch shoes . A built up of dust in the clutch bell could make it hotter than a clean one . Make sure to grease the clutch shaft .

Worn weights will not push out the belt as far as heavier ones . A worn belt can have slack instead of being snug . I also replaced the variator glides too even though they looked good but had some signs of wear