View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #8

Send a message via MSN to lykos23 Send a message via Skype™ to lykos23
Yesterday my clutch tool came in the mail! Now after a few hours of struggling with the clutch and clutch bell I've finally got some 2000rpm clutch springs in my scooter. I get way faster takeoff than before, it seems at least a 5mph gain. My idle is a lot higher now too, as my theory seemed right that the clutch springs would prevent my clutch from engaging and since the way I tune my idle is by gauging when the rear tire starts spinning I'm able to have a higher idle. With the higher idle I'm able to take the tape off of my filter without any noticeable issues, not sure why, but that also means that my lights are no longer dim at idle, and I have more responsive throttle with the new springs which, at first, took a second or two before the tire would spin.

Just for comparison's sake I decided to take out my dr. pulley weights and put in my old stock ones. Because when I got the dr. pulley slider weights I also got the new cdi in the mail (which meant there were too many variables when comparing my weights), and it does seem to have some improvement with the cdi, however, the slider weights have only made my acceleration incredibly slow. With my stock weights I can hit 45mph downhill with ease, with the dr. pulley slider weights my acceleration only allows me to hit 44mph before the road forces me to slow down. Additionally I can barely hit 25mph uphill while my stock weights allow me to go 29mph uphill. On average I cruise at 34mph with the dr. pulley sliders between stopsigns and stop lights, and I cruise at 35+ with my stock weights.

I believe it's because I weigh over 250lbs that I will have to purchase lighter weights in order to see an increase in top speed and acceleration. Since Dr. Pulley sliders offer higher top speed and faster acceleration by default I believe I should be able to combine 9g sliders with 4g sliders to attain an approximate 6.5 weight which will be closer to my stock weight which was able to hit 50mph a few times.

It's too bad I can't order a weight tuning kit yet, it's getting faster for me every time I replace things in my cvt.