View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 02:11 AM   #22

I have both, motorcycle and scooter.
Believe me or not, but I prefer a scooter. Small and nimble, excellent to go through traffic.
In fact,
If I ever go and buy another high priced scoot, it will probably be a 100-125cc fuel injected 4 stroke scooter, that's regular sized. Not midsized or maxi scooter.
I like all scooters, but I generally don't need the large size, as it's just as heavy as a motorcycle, and has less power too.
I tend to agree with amac, that a small scooter is so much more fun to ride than a big one, and I generally don't ride my VT750 anymore, unless I need to on long distances (like 100+ mile tours).

For anything upto 150 miles my 150cc scoot is more than enough!
And for the regular day to day travel (usually <50 miles per day), I take the 50cc scooter, which I hope to retire soon...

Really, a scoot should be as small as possible in my opinion. Those maxi scooters are great if you live in the suburbs or outside of town areas. In the city and suburbs the regular sized scoots are really great!
Mid sized scoots are harder to maneuver through traffic, than regular sized scoots, and a motorcycle is not fun at all in traffic!

Last edited by prodigit; 05-18-2013 at 02:42 AM.