View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lykos23 View Post
Thanks for the advice, Andrew! My scooter seems to have started off almost fully deristricted, though I'll be sure to check for washers in my muffler. I'm using a free flow air filter right now, though my local mechanic taped it up to compensate for the idle jet because at idle it was getting too much air and not coming down from idle at all.

My current jet is an 85, downjetted from a 90 up jetted from a 78.

The cap covering my a/f screw was tapped/chiseled out by me, I used to have to constantly adjust it until my air filter was taped up.

Around what size variator weights would you reccomend? What does the orange coil do? And if I bought the most expensive plug at auto zone, is there still a better performing plug out there? And is installing taller drive gears easy enough to do?
You have the right size jet for your displacement. what i would do is check for restriction in exhaust and/or buy an aftermarket exhaust which will let you push more air. After that you could probably untape your filter. if it still idles to high adjust the idle scew to where the back wheel just wants to move. the orange coil delivers a hotter spark to the spark plug, which in turn boosts acceleration and gas mileage. what size rollers do you have. heavier will give you more top end speed, lighter more acceleration less top end. You need an iridium brand spark plug for the type of engine you have they are the absolute best for scooters you can aquire that and much more at http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/Home_Page.php . just search performance under engine type. Taller gears would only be necessary if you put in a bbk because you need the extra cc's to pull them. They are easy to put in you just have to have them pressed at a shop. This will give you an idea of the process http://www.scootnfast.com/scooter/Tu...Rear_Gears.htm .
My advice to people today is as follows: if you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out.
''Timothy Leary''