Thread: your rollers
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #6

230 pound rider, 300pound 150cc scooter (touring frame)
NCY CVT kit also installed...

I have tried the stock 13g rollers, 10g rollers, 8g sliders, 10g sliders, and settled on 8+10=9g sliders.

last top speed check hit 65ChinoMPH and going (downslope), but I let off because rpms were well into the 8k zone. With 8g sliders rpms broke 9k, that's why I went back up in weight.

Acceleration 'felt' best with 8g. With 9g my acceleration rpm is a little less and I feel it up-shift sooner, but it feels like it could be just as quick and the lower rpms are fooling me.

It definitely down-shifts on the larger hills, WOT rpms go UP as the hill starts to slow me down. This (running 9g) is the first time I noticed this happening and leads me to believe i found my sweet spot. I would assume this is lighter than the norm, since I and my scooter are heavier than average.
I am very impressed with how it holds hills, and would be more than willing to race a stock displacement 150cc weighing 100 pounds less

'08 US Titan 1P57QMJ NCY CVT kit & Teflon intake - 9g sliders - Mikuni fuel pump - pod filter w/ tube - Frankenpipe - #114/#38 - blue CDI w/orange spark - bedazzled with LEDs
'08 139QMB - sold - being ridden long and hard, still truckin'!