View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #1

Cant get a spark on a Vespa 50 Special

http://imgur.com/a/gqKUK
I'm resorting a 1980 Vespa 50 Special V5B3T. It has been a dream of mine to have a Vespa and when I saw one come up on eBay disassembled I though HEY! what an awesome way to learn everything about a Vespa but put-on one totally together.

So my quest begins. I've been working on the body while waiting for parts to come in. I ordered a 70cc kit because the old cylinder was cracked and I also wanted a little more pep if at all possible. So I'm putting to gather the engine and everything is going well until no spark.

This is what I've done so far.
  • Checked the coil - I have a volt meter and honestly I'm not 100% sure how to use it but I put a lead connectors on both sides of the connectors and i didn't get a sound saying that the current is not going through it … again not 100% sure what to set it on but I'm nor sure if it even works that way. (I really dont know how to test it correctly)
  • Checked the cable - I cut off the old ends cleaned them up really good and made a new connection
  • Checked the points - pulled the fly wheel off sanded down the point and then put the wheel back on and made sure they were opening and closing.
  • Basic Clean Up - I cleaned off the magnets, or any where that would help magnetized strength.

Please help - Thanks in advance.

TJ

Login or Register to Remove Ads