ScootDawg Forums

ScootDawg Forums (http://www.scootdawg.net/index.php)
-   General Scooter Discussion (http://www.scootdawg.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A Very Sad Day (http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=55645)

kz1000st 01-09-2017 04:04 PM

A Very Sad Day

This breaks my heart.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/po...on-114457.html

DisillusionedPrepper 01-09-2017 06:42 PM

That was inevitable.
If you're going out for a big bike there are the three main players.

Honda/Yami for the reliability crowd, and Harley for the rest of us. Victory has always been the red headed step child. Too bad for current owners tho...

Irish 01-27-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisillusionedPrepper (Post 534880)
That was inevitable.
If you're going out for a big bike there are the three main players.

Honda/Yami for the reliability crowd, and Harley for the rest of us. Victory has always been the red headed step child. Too bad for current owners tho...

When I lived in NH (RT 125) , there was a Victory Dealership within a 1/2 mile of me. Most of the mechanics there had Harleys (mostly older models) parked outside in the parking area. That should tell you something & also SCARE potential customers!:ugh::shrug: Irish:scoot::nuts:
P.S. I never saw one Victory parked outside & I assume the workers got a discount.

Oldgunner 01-27-2017 07:58 PM

That is sad, but isn't Indian back ?

DisillusionedPrepper 01-27-2017 08:48 PM

With Polaris owning both names, it's hard to say what will become of Indian.

My guess would be that some other company (insert Chrysler/Harley?, here) will buy the name. The Indian name has survived too many fights to lay down now.
Like a zombie. They don't just die...

Irish 01-28-2017 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisillusionedPrepper (Post 534994)
With Polaris owning both names, it's hard to say what will become of Indian.

My guess would be that some other company (insert Chrysler/Harley?, here) will buy the name. The Indian name has survived too many fights to lay down now.
Like a zombie. They don't just die...

FYI. There is a HUGE Indian dealership on RT 1 in W.Melbourne!:clap::hmm: Irish:scoot::nuts:

wheelbender6 01-28-2017 07:57 PM

Prior to 2010, I saw a lot of new Victories on the road. I didn't see many after that. Just about everybody makes a cruiser now. Even Motoguzzi and Ducati. Too much competition.

Irish 02-16-2017 10:52 AM

Since moving to W.Melbourne Fla. & when I was without a ride , I stopped into the local Victory dealer a few times. I never saw one other customer there! Does anyone know the final production date? I drove by the local dealership yesterday & everything looked the same.:hmm::shrug: Irish:scoot::nuts:

Irish 03-18-2017 12:49 PM

I drove by the local Victory Dealership (Wickam Rd ) yesterday (March 17 ) & there were 3 scooters & a used Harley out in front for sale.:tdown::shrug::hmm: Irish:scoot::nuts:

P.S. W. Melbourne Florida

kz1000st 03-18-2017 02:32 PM

Since this news broke Polaris has been very open about the reasons. Cost of developing separate lines and engine development was the main reasons. They stated that if not for the experience gained from Victory the success of Indian would not be possible. I guess how you have to look at it is that Victory will live with Indian badges on the gas tank.

I'm pretty sure Indian will be around for a good, long time. If nothing else they have forced Harley to clean up their act and reintroduced competition to the Cruiser category. Polaris isn't a little company and will give Harley a run for their money.

jdikov 03-18-2017 04:41 PM

Don't lose hope. I forsee a much needed end to over regulation in all aspects of our lives. But especially in the auto and powersports industry. With any luck the EPA budget may get cut by 99% and we can restore sanity jump start our economy. Sure would be nice not to have to worry about paying the EPA $10,000 because a metal tag had a rivet fall out during the ocean trip from China.

Irish 05-10-2017 02:50 PM

I drove by the local Victory dealership today (May 10 ) & they had one Victory in front with the usual three scooters & one used Harley but the showroom looked empty. They never had much in the showroom anyway! I had two shops in N.H. & you have your overhead (rent , parts , shop supplies , etc. anyway ) The dealership was run like a front.:hmm::shrug: Irish:scoot::nuts:

Irish 06-18-2017 12:37 PM

Does anyone know what the FINAL production date is?:shrug:>: Irish:scoot::nuts:

Irish 04-07-2018 12:27 PM

Update: As of yesterday , there were TWO bikes in front of the Melbourne Fla (Wickam Rd) dealership. Maybe they are selling off their stock!:shrug: Irish:scoot::nuts:

wheelbender6 04-08-2018 12:59 PM

Isn't Angel Sampey still racing Pro Stock Bike on a Victory?