ScootDawg Forums

ScootDawg Forums (http://www.scootdawg.net/index.php)
-   General Scooter Discussion (http://www.scootdawg.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   What did you do to your scoot today? (http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=54276)

cheapeto 06-11-2014 08:59 AM

Adding Tyrebeads to my new CityGrips, as I had the shop to NOT balance them.
1 ounce to the front, two ounces to the rear.

It was so easy to add these to my tires. Put it on the center stand, remove the air and valve, then use either the tube (provided) over the valve stem, or the squeeze bottle, and squeeze the tyrebeads in to the tube/valve.

The rear tire was bit more tedious, as I have a 90 degree valve stem, I used a hose clamp around the tubing to help the beads fall into the valve a wee bit better.

Took about 20 minutes total. It was raining pretty hard when I got finished so no test until today.

blueboy5000 06-18-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soulrider (Post 527868)
Took my cvt cover off but now I can't get it to go back on can some please tell me how to reinstall it . I own a 2014 Jonway yy150t-12 scoot.

I'm a tad confused, the cvt cover just slips onto the case, then you install the two LONG 8mm bolts in the rear, and then start all the other 8mm bolts, then tighten them, starting with the middle bolts in a spiral pattern, using a 1/4" drive ratchet and 8mm socket.

cheapeto 06-18-2014 07:01 PM

I did 345 miles from York PA to Roanoke VA, stand up at 8:00 am was lost in Roanoke by 3:00pm. My hotel is in Salem, and with construction and gazing about, caused me to put 45 miles EXTRA zeroing in on the Holiday Inn.
The BR was just flawless....so far!!

kz1000st 06-19-2014 10:18 AM

I just did oil changes on the two scooters with no surprise debris present. Given that they both have over 8,000 miles I'm pleased. Other tasks yet to do that will be well worth the time.

Firehawk989 06-19-2014 07:13 PM

Installed a new Malossi Yellow torque spring and torque controller to keep the engine in the powerband of the new pipe under acceleration. Works great, now I just need to figure out which clutch springs to use. (Have a set of 3 different ratings to try, plus my clutch has several adjustment options to fine-tune the launch RPMs.) This baby is very close to being dialed in the way I want!

rks 06-20-2014 05:59 PM

Replaced the factory installed battery today. Not going to complain tho....did get two years, and 3 months out of it.

bandito2 06-20-2014 09:09 PM

Yesterday I drilled and mounted the hitch connection for my single wheel trailer onto a rear spoiler/passenger hand grab that I got for dirt cheap off of ebay for the Silverwing scooter. (scratched up a bit, but I didn't care... I'm going for utility here) Besides, the rest of the bike has that patina and roughed up skin from actually being used as the workhorse it is. It has character. Not the prettiest little pony I've owned, but darn sure is the hardest worker.

And then today, no pics, but I changed a couple removable connections so that I can use my single wheel trailer with my Silverwing scooter. They were originally set up to work with My Reflex scooter, but the 2007 Reflex that used to pull the trailer is the subject of a streamlining project and so it is not being used to tow the trailer any more.

I never did much like doing electrical work on the bike because it is so tedious at times. All that unwrapping of sticky gummy tape to get at wires so that they can be reassigned to the proper connector pins. That and making darned sure wires are going to where they are supposed to. Check wire about 4X, cut, splice, check again, next wire, etc, etc, then check it all again. (don't want to burn anything) Test it, wrap it, try it again. OK. Put the tools away. Didn't have to do anything over, got it right the first time.

OK now the wiring is all good to go for the trailer lights plus the auxiliary lights that can be set atop stuff on the passenger seat. The tail lights on the bike are partially obscured by the trailer so the aux lights are needed. The tiny little lights down low on the trailer are pretty much cosmetic IMO. I really need to something with the tail lights that makes it safer... more visible.... A future project. (and I'll add pics of that project)

Actually, here is a pic with the extra set of lights on top of the stack O' stuff on the back seat of my 2007 Reflex. It got rearranged just a little bit so it could be seen better before I took off from here. Down on the ground behind the rear wheel is the shredded drive belt that got changed on the side of the road...... Yeah, lucky me....exit 13 LOL!! But it was more than luck.... that I was prepared with a spare drive belt and the tools to do the job some 700 miles from home.
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...psb3e61f84.jpg

cheapeto 06-20-2014 09:50 PM

Damn nice work bandito!!

TheAmishSasquatch 06-21-2014 11:02 AM

Bought it last evening, rode and washed it this morning. Its an '07 Super 9 with only 1150 km and came with nice extras like a helmet, Tecnigas exhaust, and a Givi removable case. Its not the SR50 i wanted, but it'll do for now :tup:
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...0.jpg~original

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...7.jpg~original

wheelbender6 06-21-2014 03:48 PM

The wife and I scooted to a street fest in my town. I ate some awesome kimchi fries from a food truck. We shopped and tasted a few no-label brews (our local brewery). The sun was very strong and it was a hot scoot home.

kz1000st 06-21-2014 05:16 PM

I've had to ride to Binghamton the last couple of days to visit. The Fashion is handling the 78 mile round trip well. I have to go a few more times and the scooter saves me a lot of gas over my cars. It's been surprisingly comfortable.

cheapeto 06-23-2014 01:35 PM

Switched my honda oem air filter with a K&N. Adding some decals.

wheelbender6 06-29-2014 01:49 PM

The wife and I rode to a potential job site for a quick look over. It was difficult to find through through all the construction roads, but that added to the fun. After a week of commuting, its fun to take the scoots out for a little quest.

kz1000st 06-30-2014 12:43 PM

Yesterday I got to enjoy a tripleheader. I took the Fashion to work and used the 50cc and 150cc bikes to fetch groceries in the morning and afternoon.

rks 10-05-2014 08:33 PM

Removed the rear wheel, got the tire irons out...removed the old tire (Kenda K413, 2300 miles), and installed the new one, (Michelin City Grip). Was 35 degrees this AM, so thought it would be good day to spend in the garage. Warmer tomorrow...will give it a road test then.