ScootDawg Forums

ScootDawg Forums (http://www.scootdawg.net/index.php)
-   Forum News, Support & Feedback (http://www.scootdawg.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   "Scoot of the Month" contest! (http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=52623)

Admin 01-26-2013 12:00 AM

"Scoot of the Month" contest!

Hey guys, we're planning on doing a "Scoot of the Month" contest soon where a member's scoot will be featured on the main index page, and in a new Scoot of the Month forum, with pics, description, etc.

I think it will be a really cool, fun contest. So if you're interested, please send in your pics (minimum of 3), with your username, to us at mail@scootdawg.net. Please put in the subject title "SOTM".

Thanks! :tup:

scootnwinn 01-26-2013 02:16 PM

Is it a modification custom scooter thing or do the run of the mill commuters have a chance. Is it a picture contest?? Would a pic of me sparking the kickstand in a a hard left have a chance at winning??? Scooterist of the month might be cool too. Any way no matter what you have in mind it sounds like it has potential

loncindawg 01-26-2013 02:29 PM

My Plain-Jane scoot would never make the cut, though few could match her feats of daring do under her belt already.

terrilee 01-26-2013 02:35 PM

i think Mike wants any pics of scoots
i dont think it size, type w/e
just a random collection, thrown in a hat
he'll close his eyes, reach in and pull out the winner

speaking of which, where is mike?

Admin 01-26-2013 03:40 PM

Yea I dont think they have to be super-customized or anything like that, all entries will be considered.

Thanks

Admin 02-19-2013 07:15 PM

Bump.

Send 'em in guys! I was thinking we could have a winner chosen from all the monthly winners during the year, at the end of the year, and give away a prize.

ozarkman 02-20-2013 08:11 AM

Just Asking!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admin (Post 514381)
Hey guys, we're planning on doing a "Scoot of the Month" contest soon where a member's scoot will be featured on the main index page, and in a new Scoot of the Month forum, with pics, description, etc.

I think it will be a really cool, fun contest. So if you're interested, please send in your pics (minimum of 3), with your username, to us at mail@scootdawg.net. Please put in the subject title "SOTM".

Thanks! :tup:

Why not just post'em here for all to enjoy and then choose from the thread?

Admin 02-20-2013 05:31 PM

Well that's the whole purpose kind of, so it's a 'surprise' to those who entered when they are chosen, and to those just viewing. Showing them all beforehand eliminates the whole surprise factor.

MEAN_MOTOFINO 02-20-2013 06:15 PM

Its a good comparison though to see what the scoots are up against. I respectfully agree they should be posted in the thread as well. It also serves as an archive. Maybe a similiar setup to what TR has going on...

scootin150 02-23-2013 01:42 AM

Im really liking this idea!

ozarkman 04-04-2013 08:01 AM

Scoot a Month

Did I miss something while I was out riding or is this a dead thread.

Admin 04-04-2013 02:36 PM

Well since I only recieved one entry, I'd say it's 'on hold' for now. :D

But still feel free to send them in! If/when we get enough, we'll start it up!

millsc 04-06-2013 09:15 AM

I should win then for this month only fair :clap:

larrball 04-07-2013 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scootin150 (Post 517206)
Im really liking this idea!

Nice form backgrond S150.

Admin 11-05-2013 01:37 PM

If anyone is still interested in making this happen, start snding in your entries to mail@scootdawg.net. I think it would be fun.

We might not have enough entries right now to make it a monthly contest, but maybe we'll make it quarterly (every 3 months) or something.

:tup: