ScootDawg Forums

ScootDawg Forums (http://www.scootdawg.net/index.php)
-   General Scooter Discussion (http://www.scootdawg.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Can you relate to this? (http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=52672)

spandi 01-29-2013 01:44 PM

Hank that was posted with tongue ever so firmly planted in cheek

inuyasha 01-29-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spandi (Post 515325)
Hank that was posted with tongue ever so firmly planted in cheek

Hi
I knew :hehe:
But it gave me the perfect opening for my post:clap::yay:
You make a great straight man :lmao:
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

carasdad 01-29-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inuyasha (Post 515322)
Hi
I dont, I love it when the person in front of me spends 70 or 80 dollars and i then slap down the spare change in my pocket while proudly declaring " "
"Fill Her Up"
To see the look on their faces is priceless:yay::clap::tup:
Yours Hank

Hank...so true. Also when I see the gas stations "Have a Penny..leave a Penny..need a Penny...take a Penny" box on the counter..I look at it and think.."Dang there's almost a 1/4 tanks worth of gas in that thing"...:yay:

richardthescooter1 01-29-2013 03:27 PM

Your right Hank, I throw my spare change in a jar (gas money for scoot) they can have their cars, give me am scoot

terrilee 01-29-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carasdad (Post 515320)
terrilee...anyway you could give us men lessons on 'Lady Speak'... Cause I really messed up when she asked if I brought my lawnmower up there.:no: I told her "Yes...I brought my lawnmower..mind turning around so I can see your 'backyard'...<--- Epic Fail....:nuts:

yes you are correct !!!!!!!!!!!!!
that was
wrong, wrong, wrong
you know better?:ugh:

and wait aint you married???

carasdad 01-29-2013 07:24 PM

Not married....but been there..done that...:ugh:

terrilee 01-29-2013 09:47 PM

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh single ic :nuts:

well sure i can teach ya,

"come on up and see me some time big boy "

ive taught 100's of classes, lmsao

MEAN_MOTOFINO 01-29-2013 09:52 PM

:hehe:

qwertydude 01-29-2013 11:47 PM

It was even more impressive back in the day of $1 gas. Give the guy a dollar fill up you tank. I'm sure there are some real old timers here who used to ride Cubs back in the day who can remember doing the same thing with a quarter.

inuyasha 01-29-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertydude (Post 515461)
It was even more impressive back in the day of $1 gas. Give the guy a dollar fill up you tank. I'm sure there are some real old timers here who used to ride Cubs back in the day who can remember doing the same thing with a quarter.

Hi
Gas was $0.60 agallon when i got my first street legal motorbike i was 16
Yours Hank

carasdad 01-29-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertydude (Post 515461)

Remember when gas stations shut down for a day or so...or left one pump working as the others were being replaced...because gas went up to $1.05. The old pumps were only designed to go up to 99 cents. So while the other pumps were being replaced...the working one was set at 53 cents per gallon and they used a calculator when you went in to pay..to find the actual cost..:lmao: oh the good old days..ride my mini bike with a one quart tank to the gas station(on the road and cops did not even stop or bother me) Ok...dating myself..exposing my age on this one...BUT..to fill my one quart tank cost me about...8 cents..:yay:

scootnwinn 01-30-2013 12:15 AM

Wow your old

The day after I got my first car gas went up to $1.01 for the first time...

spandi 01-30-2013 12:22 AM

I can remember my old man going to the local gas station when I was a kid and spending a whopping 29 cents a gallon.

carasdad 01-30-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scootnwinn (Post 515465)
Wow your old

The day after I got my first car gas went up to $1.01 for the first time...

Rob..hey now...I was a kid with a mini bike...it was like 1972 and gas was 25-30 cents per gallon. Smoked were 3 packs for a buck...and a can Coke cost you a quarter...a Snickers bar was a quarter as well.
But me old?...Not all..ya see I can remember when..when...hang on...oh yeah I can remember when.. Never mind..it wasn't that important..:hmm:

scootnwinn 01-30-2013 12:35 AM

Hey being old is better than the alternative right?