ScootDawg Forums

ScootDawg Forums (http://www.scootdawg.net/index.php)
-   Forum News, Support & Feedback (http://www.scootdawg.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Editting Threads (http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=52681)

Admin 01-29-2013 09:55 PM

Absolutely wrong. Editing and deletion of posts is allowed.

scootnwinn 01-29-2013 10:01 PM

I just deleted mine

terrilee 01-29-2013 10:02 PM

mike,
so if i started a thread, i can now go delete the 'entire' thread even other peoples 'posts' on that thread?
im sure that how PRO B works but this aint dat lmsao:lmao:

scootnwinn 01-29-2013 10:02 PM

Were you thinking of deleting yours rapid jim?

Did you leak classified information?

Admin 01-29-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrilee (Post 515426)
mike,
so if i started a thread, i can now go delete the 'entire' thread even other peoples 'posts' on that thread?
im sure that how PRO B works but this aint dat lmsao:lmao:

No, of course not, you can't delete entire threads.

Guest_2 01-29-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admin (Post 515423)
Absolutely wrong. Editing and deletion of posts is allowed.

Yes and no. If you go back aways in your posts, the edit function is now there but not the delete. There seems to be a cut off point for the author to delete his postings. Just an observation.

scootnwinn 01-29-2013 10:05 PM

You can delete your posts no one elses even if you start the thread. Never seen it any other way in 10 years of foruming

scootnwinn 01-29-2013 10:06 PM

You have to click edit to see the delete button

scootnwinn 01-29-2013 10:08 PM

You guys all realize people rarely look past the first page of any sub forum

Guest_2 01-29-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scootnwinn (Post 515431)
You have to click edit to see the delete button

True on recent posts but there is a cut off. Example: I went back to an old post of mine, I could edit it but not delete it. Newer posts have both options.

Admin 01-29-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Yes and no. If you go back aways in your posts, the edit function is now there but not the delete. There seems to be a cut off point for the author to delete his postings. Just an observation.

I really don't think that's the case, I think the delete option is always there.

Guest_2 01-29-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scootnwinn (Post 515432)

May be true to a point, however, I will give you an example. John Doe calls me for information about how to do something on a trike. I refer him to the forum and thread.

I can't find it now so I will ask here, is there a way to bookmark old threads? I remember seeing the question asked but can't find it.

scootnwinn 01-29-2013 10:15 PM

If you try to delete the first post in the thread you can't but any other are fair game back as far as November. Don't know why you would want to delete something that old unless you were being petty

inuyasha 01-29-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scootnwinn (Post 515432)

Hi Rob
Well they should take the time to read the whole thread if they are going to reply as to how they can make an intelligent and pertinant response if they didnt is beyond me
I always read the whole thread in question before adding any further replies
Its just good form imho
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

Guest_2 01-29-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scootnwinn (Post 515437)
If you try to delete the first post in the thread you can't but any other are fair game back as far as November. Don't know why you would want to delete something that old unless you were being petty

Nevermind. I was asked the question from someone who didn't want to start a pissing contest. Seems I did. It was an observation that older posts could not be deleted like on other boards. I will just drop it.

Still waiting on an answer to my bookmark question.