PDA

View Full Version : Starts then runs crappy?

FULL-THROTTLE
09-21-2020, 07:05 PM
I have a Sunny 150cc Scooter that I Just got for free, I got it running but it runs like sh!t, this is what ive done to it so far

- Remove carb and completely disassembled it and cleaned it inside and out, removed both jets and the passage way (they were in perfect condition, Removed the bowl and cleaned the fuel passage to the fuel inlet. Reassembled then reinstalled.

- New spark plug gapped to .035 and has excellent spark.

- Confirmed the electric choke works, it does.

-Cleaned the gas tank and added new fuel.

-New fuel filter, confirmed it is installed in the correct direction.

-Checked the timing, it is correct.

-Regapped the rocker arms to .005, They were fine to begin with.

-It appears to have an after market CDI box, it's anodized blue.

-after market exhaust that has nothing in the muffler, it stupid loud.

- I also replace all the vacuum and fuel lines.

SOOOOOO this is what it is doing, it starts up when cold and runs ok not 100% just OK, after a minute or so it begins to run very rough then dies. it will restart but the only way I Can keep it running is put my finger in the inlet side of the carb and lift the round slide up about half way. It is running very rich and the plug is wet. The carb is not flooding so the bfloat is working correctly.

Any idea's the carb design is new to me.

Thank,

Fran

Roscoe
09-24-2020, 10:54 AM
If it's running rich it's got to be the carburator.... new ones are cheap. I've fought the battle of trying to get old carbs working and sometimes maybe usually I could get them working properly. A couple though the solution was a new or different carburator. Also be sure the fuel is good, fresh and no water. Use only 100 % gasoline, you will find it's worth the extra cost.

ihoverboard
12-18-2020, 09:07 PM
you will find it's worth the extra cost.