PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Key for '09 Zuma

pbansen
03-03-2020, 02:51 PM
Hi y'all -

I recently bought an '09 Yamaha Zuma that came with only one key. That makes me nervous and I'd like to buy a blank and have another key cut. The local dealer doesn't have key blanks - has anyone had good luck buying Yamaha key blanks online? Do you have an Ilco blank that's the right one for the Zuma?

There are key blanks on ebay, but they're not definitive when it comes to what they fit.

Any leads would be gratefully received.

sc00ter
03-03-2020, 10:28 PM
I should know this. I've owned so many Zuma 2 strokes. Let me look into it and I'll try to respond by the weekend. The ignition is a run-of-the-mill Zama assembly. I'll also see if I have any blanks. Wonder if a Genuine BUddy key blank will fit? They use the same Zama assemblies. Anyways, I'll look into it. I hate having only one key also.

pbansen
03-04-2020, 05:04 PM
I should know this. I've owned so many Zuma 2 strokes. Let me look into it and I'll try to respond by the weekend. The ignition is a run-of-the-mill Zama assembly. I'll also see if I have any blanks. Wonder if a Genuine BUddy key blank will fit? They use the same Zama assemblies. Anyways, I'll look into it. I hate having only one key also.

Thanks - that's really nice of you! I ordered a couple of blanks on ebay and the previous owner may have another key, so I think I'm all set, but I appreciate it.

I believe the blank is an Ilco X277/YM64 - I found an Ilco blank for my FJR-1300, but the groove for that is on the left and the scooter key has the groove on the right. I'll post something when the blanks arrive.