PDA

View Full Version : Battery Removal Looks Impossible

kram6319
02-27-2020, 12:00 AM
I bought a 2020 BD50QT-2A 49CC - scooter made by Jiangsu Baodiao

I already replaced the motor oil and gear oil. I looked today at the cheapie Chinese no-name battery though new, that is in my scooter. I will soon most likely have to replace that because I know these cheapie batteries don't last long. I am stumped on how the heck to get it out of the housing. You can't just unscrew the positive and negative terminals and "lift it up" I also do not see any clamps on the sides holding it in place. It is REALLY IN THERE! I can't figure out how it comes out, and it is such a new model that there are no videos yet on this scooter.

Does anyone know how the heck to get the battery out? :doh:

wheelbender6
02-29-2020, 08:50 AM
Use screw drivers on opposite sides to lever it up. If you have a kick starter, I would keep the stock battery until it expires.

kram6319
02-29-2020, 04:16 PM
Use screw drivers on opposite sides to lever it up. If you have a kick starter, I would keep the stock battery until it expires.

Yes, I plan on keeping it for a few months. It is a westco battery whoever makes that one?

I am planning on a new fuel filter & change the gear & motor oil in 500 more miles. It seems like a great scooter. I don't like that some of these Chinese scooters use cheap oil & filters.

It can be kick started :thanks:

sc00ter
02-29-2020, 09:28 PM
That battery mounting location is common on most brands. Personally, run the battery till it dies. Don't let the scooter sit for long periods without a battery tender. Seen some cheap batteries last a long time. Now, when it finally dies get a brand name. Your battery should last around 2 to 3 years. And practice the kick-start now so you know the exact method BEFORE its needed. I had a Genuine Buddy 125 and that kick-start required a perfect touch to fully engage. Took me about 11 kicks in freezing weather! I finally got the "touch" down and can do it in 2 kicks max.

kram6319
03-01-2020, 11:16 AM
That battery mounting location is common on most brands. Personally, run the battery till it dies. Don't let the scooter sit for long periods without a battery tender. Seen some cheap batteries last a long time. Now, when it finally dies get a brand name. Your battery should last around 2 to 3 years. And practice the kick-start now so you know the exact method BEFORE its needed. I had a Genuine Buddy 125 and that kick-start required a perfect touch to fully engage. Took me about 11 kicks in freezing weather! I finally got the "touch" down and can do it in 2 kicks max.

Thank you for the advice, I already kick-started the scooter, It kick starts easy. We are in Florida so aside from an occasional "cold snap" it won't experience freezing weather, I also bought a battery maintainer/charger for times that we won't use it every day.