PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Longbo 150cc lightswitch wiring

toms_longbo
12-29-2019, 07:19 PM
I have a 2007 Longbo Adventure that has some wiring issues. The first is the headlight on/off switch only has two wires going to it a brown one and yellow one. The light switch has six pins in it (2 rows of 3 pins).

The scooter has the A/C system in it instead of the D/C. I have a attached a few photos of the connector in hopes that some one can help me out with this. Most of the wiring diagrams I look at does not really show the yellow wire and where it goes. If I put 12 volts to it with green wire as ground I can get the headlight to come on. Putting that same 12volts to brown wire cause the taillight, license plate light, gauge lights to come on. According to the Roketa MC-13 manual the switch has three positions, off, tail lights with gauge lights and headlights however none of this seems to be working correctly. Can I fix it or should I just order a whole new wiring harness for a 150cc GY6 engine?

Thank you
Tom
Wells, MN

sc00ter
12-29-2019, 10:06 PM
I hate electrical issues. You say the stator puts out AC current but does it get converted to DC for the headlights? Is it all grounded to one earth ground or is every light grounded to it own earth? I have 2 scooters that have AC alternators and convert to DC for the headlights and the headlights dim at idle, but all the other (mainly tail-light) lights stay full power. On my old Adly the tail-light would dim but the headlights stayed full power. Not very safe but it didnt keep the scooter to long so I never looked into it. Scrappy Dogs website should have a good description of the various electrical systems.

toms_longbo
12-29-2019, 11:02 PM
No, as far as I can tell all the headlights get grounded to one wire, green. But with a 6 pin switch for the headlights, taillights and running lights that is what I can't figure out.

toms_longbo
12-31-2019, 03:32 PM
This unit can run without the battery. Per the diagram I found the yellow wire goes from the generator to the dimmer switch and the light switch. The light switch has a brown wire that connects to the gauge lights, taillights, front position lights(inside headlight lens) and license plate light. So I would assume that you would need another ground wire on the switch in order to complete the circuits or did I miss something? There is no pink wire like some of the diagrams show and also no resistor installed either. The alarm plug is present but no alarm is installed. The scooter that I have is similar to the Roketa version.

toms_longbo
01-04-2020, 03:18 PM
After doing some more checking the headlight is really dim unless I rev up the scooter and the voltage gauge is reading around 13volts. Is that normal for this type of scooter?