PDA

View Full Version : tool kit yes going to learn

kram6319
08-27-2019, 08:38 PM
Well, I am finding its fairly easy so far to do maintenance on my scooter. I want to learn how to do even more. What would be a good kit to make so that I have all the tools I need to do most maintenance on my 49 cc scooter.

Is there a pre-made kit that you would recommend? or a list of what to buy so I can do what needs to be done.

Also, I changed my original spark plug that was in my scooter it was an NGK that came out and a new NGK that went back in. The one that came out kind of looked cocoa brown. I had a small issue the new spark plug fell in the housing. ( oh well ) But we got it out and got it all done.

Also, I noticed a HUGE difference on how the scooter starts and responds to the throttle now since I changed the plug. The scooter starts within a second when you use the electric start whereas before it would be a few seconds before it started. Also when you give it throttle it really scoots along. I took it on a 20-mile ride tonight and it rode extremely well. And easily climbed to 42 MPH although, I didn't go that fast long I am careful not to go all out with the throttle and I don't go full out throttle for miles. I accelerate and move along at a steady pace I don't abuse the scooter. I also don't baby it either.

My scooter had 800 miles when I changed out the spark plug. Also, it that coco brown look at the end normal wear ? or a carb that needs adjusting?? My scooter ran so nice idled great and started real quick. It is the best it ever ran really!! :scoot: