PDA

View Full Version : considering a GY6 again.. any advice?

kram6319
08-27-2019, 06:49 PM
Hello,
I am considering getting a Gator 50 E-2 scooter. I have the Gator 50 that I have had for just over a year. I wanted one with 12-inch tires and I got a good deal on getting one. I know it is the same type of scooter as I have now with the popular GY6. I wonder though, is there something better for a bit more money than I should consider. I want a new one now used. I also use it for pleasure riding only. I am retired and like riding around our community, the lake we have here that is about a 10 mile round trip as well as the occasional run to the store or meet for lunch with friends. I have not yet had a breakdown with my current scooter but I am perhaps lucky?? I know these are "cheap" but for a 60 something retired person that doesn't ride every day I wonder if this would be a good upgrade

it is this scooter here>>>>>>>>>>> grudgepowersports.com/index.php/product/gator-50-e/

kz1000st
08-30-2019, 01:12 PM
The 50cc GY6 has shown to be fairly reliable. If you had "Good Luck" with your present ride you will be probably have a bright future with another one.