PDA

View Full Version : What should I upgrade on my scooter first

Chicagoey
07-17-2019, 08:45 PM
Just bought a used 2014 Bintelli valor 150cc and it’s awsome! First time owning a scooter and I love it! I was curious about what I should upgrade first on it? I wanted to start with the small things then move up to bigger things, I’m very new to this stuff and am going to do all the work my self and would love some opinions!

NaturalFlavored
07-17-2019, 11:34 PM
Well first off learn how the scooter operates. From air intake to fuel ratio and variator to clutch. Then once you learn that then you will learn what each mod will do.
Then we can tell you our opinion on what to do, until then I suggest you learn how it operates first. Trust me, we've all been in your shoes but once you learn this info you won't want ours. You'll be asking us why didn't this mod work with this setup.

wheelbender6
07-19-2019, 02:37 PM
I agree with the above. I have done basic exhaust/ignition/jetting mods and there is not a huge amount of performance gained. On the other hand, I enjoyed tinkering with the scoot and learning more about tuning adjustments.
Sometimes a good, adjustable wind shield will provide more top speed gains than engine mods.

sc00ter
07-20-2019, 11:16 AM
Exhaust always seems to be the first thing everyone changes. Sometimes it requires up-jetting the carb. Air filters changed to those tacky pop filters seems to be second. Again, up-jet the carb. Transmission mods are usually next. Variator and clutch. Then the rabbit hole-big bore kit. Larger carb required. Big valve heads, EFI conversions, reduction box gears, it can get crazy!

JJT
07-26-2019, 01:05 AM
Typically I would say fuel lines, vacuum lines and choke but I think yours already comes with those upgrades. So I guess it would depend on what you want. More top speed? Better take off? Sound? The one thing I would recommend is a tach if your scooter doesn’t already have one.