PDA

View Full Version : Finally finished my new 188cc B.B. kit. But I have a couple problems

JJT
05-13-2019, 11:21 PM
I just posted this somewhere else too but I kinda need help as quick as possible. I’ve had a sspg 180cc power kit with oil cooler, and 2.5 stroker crank. So here is my problems/questions
I finally got my 180cc power kit put together with the stroker crank. Everything went pretty smooth on assembly. One issue I’m having is the shroud doesn’t want to fit. I’m assuming I will have overheating issues if I don’t run the shroud around the head and cylinder. Am I correct about this? 2nd problem is that I bought the ban jing intake manifold and oko 28mm carb. I can’t put the air filter on because it hits the motor mount. If I turn it around and face it forward like I’ve seen others do, it sits at a pretty crazy angle. Anyone have a suggestion for this and maybe a pic to go with it?

I put the gy6 150 on my zuma 50 about 2 years ago I think. It runs rides and handles great. I was just looking for a little more power and top speed. If I have to I can make a new motor mount but I’d rather not have to. Just kinda hoping I can get a new idea from someone. Thanks in advance

neo71665
05-17-2019, 03:02 AM
Pics would go a long ways for us not familiar with that model.

As for the shroud, yes you have to run one. On stroker kits the factory plastics have to be trimmed to fit.

BeachScoot
06-09-2019, 11:50 AM
If you get another intake spacer it should just fit with a few threads to catch the nuts. This will raise it up a tad and might clear what you are hitting. Do counter sink the first spacers a tad to clear any square edges that the flow may catch.

stevotivo12
06-22-2019, 08:08 AM
You do need to run the plastics, as neo71665 mentioned, but as for the angle of the carb ideally you would get an angled clocking flange and riser. ComposiMo fabrication makes a really nice one at this link, http://www.composimo.com/GY6-Angled-Clocking-Flange_p_11.html but depending on how much height you need this is another option from the ruck shop: https://theruckshop.com/product/trs-all-in-one-gy6-manifold-riser-angled-clocking-flange-56mm-v2/ .

JJT
07-17-2019, 09:26 AM
The clocking flanges worked perfect for what I needed. Thanks for the info. I didn’t know something like that existed