PDA

View Full Version : Scooter Problems

dirty ern
05-11-2019, 09:34 PM
Hey Guys, I just bought a Vino 125, and it came with a box of spare parts. It appears the previous owner put an aftermarket variator and sliders. Also has a custom air filter. The scooter is much faster than stock however there are quite a few problems. The main issue I need to resolve is that when I apply throttle from a stop, there is a skipping, the bike doesn't move but it feels like the back of bike is thumping. then it takes off and accelerates normally. Any help would be great!

sc00ter
05-12-2019, 05:53 PM
A friend has a Vino 125. Great scooter but a nightmare to tune. Every time you remove the transmission cover, the engine oil will drain out! Yup, nice design. I had a old TST variator from a Zuma 125 build that kept snapping belts so I was gonna toss it in the recycle bin. My Vino 125 friend saw it and asked if he could try it. I said yes. I forgot what roller weights he used, and Im not a carnival weight guesser so Im not sure what his weight is but he hit in spot on. I know its a simple matter of going with lighter weights on the stock variator wakes up a Vino 125, but Im not sure about a whole variator. The TST seemed to work but he never goes full throttle long enough to see if a belt will snap. If in doubt, put the stock parts back on and see what happens. Just remember to put oil back in!

bmchooya
06-08-2019, 10:57 AM
I have a 2015 PCX 150. I just changed the battery and now the fuel gauge is flashing all the bars and it won't start. It is full of gas also. Any help would be great