PDA

View Full Version : mysterious drive disengagement at top speed. gy6 150cc

gino pi
12-27-2018, 07:31 PM
5000 miles on it. bike takes off fine. but when i get to top speed, it all of a sudden will start slipping, with the motor screaming. then all of a sudden, it will suddenly grab and act normal for a second. then, after it gets all hot i guess, it will only all me to go about 40, or it will just slip.

put in a new variator. does same.

took out clutch, saw there was dirt or debris in there. reassembled it. does same thing!!

then i took out clutch, made sure all the shoes were free and of course everyhing is brake cleaned clean. the shoes were quite stuck, so i really thought i had it figured out. but NO!!! DOES sAME THING!!!!

only thing i noticed was that the belt looked a bit shiny, but its a not too old quality belt. i had sanded it, but, it wound up looking the same, after about a 20 mile trip.

could it be the belt?? it just takes off so perfectly fine... then its fine for like a mile sometimes... then it just starts slipping!!!! then it will rev to 9000 sometimes, and never really catch. but then, sometimes it literally catches again....and goes basically normally for a little bit again!!!

ITS DRIVING ME A bIT MADD!!! lol.

ANY IDEAS??? thanks! :thanks:

gino pi
12-28-2018, 03:03 PM
:shrug:

so.... now ive been trying to rev it up and maybe seat the clutch pads better. :shrug:

today i did it and it started to slip a little, seemed like the belt was melting, and it got a little slip after it got all hot. but then it went back to feeling normal. i didnt get it to slip, becase it only slips when ive been wide open for a bit. so im not sure if its fixed! :scoot: <---- me as long as i dont go much over 40.

sooooooooo. still not sure. belt? clutch? i dont really know. all i know is that the 1500 rpm springs really require me to keep a low low idle! but it starts out so smooth and quiet....

hmmmmmmm

:hmm: