PDA

View Full Version : 250cc won't idle

joshuah459
10-26-2018, 11:55 AM
My roketa 250cc scooter won't idle. If you keep it above idle speed it seems to do fine. Any suggestions on where to start with this? It doesn't look like my car. Has a adjustment screw of any kind.. are there any vacuum diagrams around?

kz1000st
10-26-2018, 08:37 PM
Check for a cracked intake manifold or vacuum line.

joshuah459
10-27-2018, 01:14 AM
Ive done that. It seems that some of the egr system is missing. the charcoal canister is gone, but there's a bunch of hoses heading to where it should be. Do these carbs have any adjustment settings besides the throttle cable screw? Is there a way to bypass the EGR safely?

casey360360
11-15-2018, 02:54 PM
Charcoal can and EGR on a carbureted scooter? That doesn't make a lick of sense. Take some pictures of what you're looking at, I'll do some more digging into finding a diagram for you. Ive done that. It seems that some of the egr system is missing. the charcoal canister is gone, but there's a bunch of hoses heading to where it should be. Do these carbs have any adjustment settings besides the throttle cable screw? Is there a way to bypass the EGR safely?

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk

casey360360
11-15-2018, 02:57 PM
Charcoal can and EGR on a carbureted scooter? That doesn't make a lick of sense. Take some pictures of what you're looking at, I'll do some more digging into finding a diagram for you.

Sent from my LGL158VL using TapatalkAfter one more page of digging, your bike uses a Linhai VOG260, so it doesn't have EGR or a charcoal canister from the factory. There should be a PCV nipple on the head that routes to the air cleaner, I'm assuming that's what you're referring to?

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk

Gene563
11-21-2018, 08:09 AM
There's probably an air/fuel mixture screw that's blocked off. When I did my PDI on my 150, I open the cover on mine. I always had to run mine on the rich side to keep it idling.
Perhaps there might be a Youtube video on the subject.?.