PDA

View Full Version : Info!

Irish
06-03-2018, 03:08 PM
In case anyone is interested! The Velocity(sp?) channel started covering the new Isle of Mann TT last night at 11:00P.M. I imagine it will be on every night for approx a week. That's what they did last year.:yay: Irish:scoot::nuts:
P.S. The person(that they were covering ) was doing approx.135 mph! It's a good view over his handlebars.

wheelbender6
06-03-2018, 10:05 PM
Alas, I don't get Velocity channel any more. Maybe I will see some highlights on Youtube.

wheelbender6
06-04-2018, 07:36 PM
I have been following the TT on motorcycle.com.
Unfortunately, there has already been a rider fatality during practice.
He is the son of another Isle of Man competitor.
These riders are a very rare breed.
http://www.motorcycle.com/features/off-grid-isle-man-2018.html

tromper
06-05-2018, 10:42 AM
Caught a bit of that this AM kinda tough for most to get it live in the U.S. due to the time difference...But I work graves so that's one of my few perks for that shift.

Irish
06-07-2018, 01:24 PM
Caught a bit of that this AM kinda tough for most to get it live in the U.S. due to the time difference...But I work graves so that's one of my few perks for that shift.

I used to work "grave shift" in the service & you are right that it's one of the FEW perks!
P.S. They have to make custom seats so that they can fit those gigantic balls in there! :clap::yay:Irish:scoot::nuts:

Irish
06-10-2018, 03:29 PM
I have been following the TT on motorcycle.com.
Unfortunately, there has already been a rider fatality during practice.
He is the son of another Isle of Man competitor.
These riders are a very rare breed.
http://www.motorcycle.com/features/off-grid-isle-man-2018.html

I used to do some cycle racing & unfortunately fatalities are a part that is unspoken of & mostly ignored! It's there but it's not spoken of among competitors!:shrug::s Irish:scoot::nuts:
P.S. I'm still in awe at the speeds that they do on "city" streets. You have to turn your mind off to drive
like that!
P.P.S. My father once told me that if I raced some day my joints would tell me when it would rain,snow , etc. & unfortunately he was correct!